Summerfest is in full effect this year at Gaylord Palms! Whether you are vacationing in Orlando or taking a Staycation, there are many reasons why Gaylord Palms is the place to be over the summer. Here are my top 12:
- The Rooms: Compared to the other hotel rooms the Gaylord Palms rooms are huge. Our room had 2 queens and still had a ton of room to spare.
- The Views: The views from the room into the Atrium are nothing short of spectacular. There is nothing like sitting on the balcony, drinking a cup of coffee end enjoying the view every morning.
- The Staff: Everyone from the Front Desk Staff to the Room attendants were kind, courteous and very helpful.
- I Wanna Rock! Sing-A-Long Show: This is where guests are encouraged to let loose their inner Rockstars as they rock out with Gaylord Palms’ very own Pop Princess and Rock Super Star! My whole family enjoyed this, although I am very thankful there was no video of my dancing and singing.
- Legends of Rock & Surf Scavenger Hunt: 8 different customized surfboards are scattered amongst the trees and foliage inside the atrium. Within an hour, my kids found 7 of them. It wasn’t until we were walking towards the car after checking out did they find the 8th They were so excited.
- Cypress Springs Theater Showings: Each day, guests can rise and shine like a Rockstar with some fun early-morning cartoons on the giant Cypress Springs pool movie theater. As evening Falls, they will enjoy a Dive-In Movie underneath the summer stars. We were lucky enough to catch the movie “SING” one night while in the pool. There is no better way to watch a movie than while swimming in the pool.
- Rockin’ Arts & Crafts: Young Guests can show off their creative skills when they make some totally rockin’ swag outside on the pool deck. The kids seemed to enjoy this, I mean who doesn’t like arts and crafts?
- Summer Fun at Relâche Spa: Guests may indulge in pure relaxation with a Rock of Anti-Aging Treatment or bring the spa home by creating a fragrant lotion, scrub, and fizz with special services and treatments. We didn’t make use of the spa, but I walked by and it was a VERY busy place.
PJ Party Under the Sea: On Fridays and Saturdays as the sun sets and the moon rises, Guests can dry off and put on PJ’s for a night of giggles, games, and groovin’ Under the Sea! The festive fun includes family games, a dance party, story time, and a bedtime snack. We didn’t make it out to this party, but from what I hear, it is very popular.
Paint the Waves Party featuring the GlowRider: On select Friday nights, as the sun goes down, Guests will be dazzled as the FlowRider becomes the GlowRider during an evening full of vibrant colors and glittering waves. DJ Cowabunga Chris will keep the party going, spinning crowd favorites as the Cypress Springs pool transforms into a psychedelic, multicolored playground. The Flowrider was awesome! It’s like riding the world’s longest neverending wave. My son and I both loved it and would recommend it to anyone.
Rock n’ Roll Never Dies Ghost Tour: Friday and Saturday nights offer a creepy twist when Guests embark on a guided tour through the eerily beautiful Gaylord Palms Atrium, listening to tales about the most haunted places in Florida. Then, Guests will experience a ghost story of their very own about a Legendary Rock Guitarist who wasn’t ready to let the music die, even after his untimely death. Not for the faint of heart. We loved the ghosts tour! It was very interesting hearing about some of Florida’s favorite ghost stories. The ghostly effects were fun too!
Build-A-Bear Workshop® on the Pool Deck: On weekends and select days, families can choose from all kinds of furry friends before adding lots of stuffing and making a wish on a heart as imaginations soar at the special poolside Build-A-Bear Workshop®! My kids were a little old for this one, but is looked like it was loved by many of the smaller kids.
As you can see there are tons of things to do for everyone at the Gaylord Palms this summer. I highly suggest you make the most of your summertime visit with SummerFest featuring Surf In & Rock Out Package (bit.ly/GP-SummerFest17), available all season long (based on availability) with rates starting at $179 per night, plus taxes and fees. Adding to the other resort excitement, the SummerFest Room Package includes a welcome bag, two drink tumblers that include unlimited soda refills, $25 resort credit per night, and a SummerFest lanyard for each Guest on the reservation. For additional information or to book your getaway, visit GaylordPalms.com/SummerFest.