STAR WARS HALF MARATHON
THE DARK SIDE
April 14th through April 17th 2016 at Walt Disney World
May the force be with you!
Registration is NOW OPEN and I will tell you that all of these events sell out quickly! That said, know that there are also spectator events as well as children’s races too. Hey, this is Disney so you know there is FUN for the whole family that is well thought out in advance.
Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side – Highlights
- Timed Half Marathon race
- 13.1-mile course through the Walt Disney World® Resort
- Entertainment on-course
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment
- Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts
Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side – Race Participants Receive
- Champion®Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women’s or Men’s Cut
- Half Marathon Finisher Medal*
- Official Digital Event Guide*
- Personalized bib (Must register before January 8, 2016 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking signup for friends and family
- Personalized results website
For all the details on the Star Wars Half Marathon that will be pertinent to runners everywhere, there is no better link than to the OFFICIAL SITE (Click Here)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
And for those wondering about the special events targeted for kids only …
Friday, April 15, 2016
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Start/Finish: New Balance Track & Field Complex
A galaxy of fun for the youngest runners!
There’s fun for runners of every age during the Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side. Children 13 and under are invited to participate in the runDisney Kids Races taking place at the New Balance Track & Field Complex on Saturday, April 16, 2016. Encourage your youngsters to join the fun and sign up for any of the Kids’ Dashes or the One Mile Run. There’s even a Diaper Dash for crawlers! Every child who participates goes home with their own Finisher Medal. Parents are welcome to run with their child; parents participating with their child must sign a separate event waiver. Space is limited.
runDisney Kids Races Age Groups
- 12 months and under – Diaper Dash for crawlers
- 1-3 years old – 100m dash
- 4-6 years old – 200m dash
- 7-8 years old – 400m dash
- One Mile Run – Open to all children 13 years old & under
runDisney Kids Races Participants Receive
- runDisney Kids Races T-shirt*
- Kids Race Finisher medallion*
- Personalized race bib (Must register by January 8, 2016 for name to appear on bib)*
- Post-race refreshments
Again: Official source for information CLICK HERE!